One of the leading director-producers in Hindi cinema, KJo (or Karan Johar) was a success from the word go when he made his directorial debut with the super box-office hit Kuch Kuch Hota Hai in 1998. The versatile Johar, apart from being a film producer, is a director, screenwriter, costume designer, actor and television personality. He is the son of Hiroo Johar and the acclaimed producer Yash Johar. He has won several awards, and his notable hits are Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham, Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna, My Name Is Khan. He is also the host of the immensely popular TV show Koffee with Karan. He produces most of his films under the Dharma Productions banner.
Ganesha with the help of Vedic Astrology takes a look at Karan Johar’s future prospects in Bollywood, on the occasion of his 43rd birthday.
Date of Birth :- 25th May, 1972
Time of Birth :- Not known
Place of Birth :- Bombay, Maharashtra, India
Surya Horoscope (Kundali)
As the Birth time of celebrity is not available, details are based on his Solar Horoscope (Surya Kundali), created with the help of birth date and birth place only.
Astrological Observation :-
- Saturn will be transiting through the 7th House from Karan’s Natal Sun, during next one year. It will be aspecting his Natal Sun and Saturn.
- Rahu will be transiting through the 5th House of love, while the transiting Ketu shall be moving through the 11th House of friendship till January 2016 in Karan’s Chart.
- Jupiter will be transiting over Karan’s Natal Ketu till July 2015, and after that, the transiting Jupiter will be forming a Square aspect with his Natal Sun and Saturn.
- Rahu will be transiting through the 5th House from Karan’s Natal Sun till January 2016, and it too (like Jupiter) will then be forming a Square aspect with his Natal Sun and Saturn.
Astrological Predictions :-
How will the personal life of Karan Johar be?
- Due to Saturn’s ongoing adverse transit through the 7th House from Karan’s Natal Sun, certain dryness in his personal life is likely to continue.
- Further, Rahu’s transit through his 5th House (of love) till January 2016 indicates lesser chances of him starting a strong alliance. Even if something serious starts off, there is a likelihood of disillusion in the period before January 2016.
- Overall, planetary transits indicate little scope of him finding someone eligible for a deep personal relationship, before his next birthday. In short, there are lesser chances of something special blossoming in Karan’s personal life, in the next one year.
- Karan will also need to take a good care of his health.
Will we see Karan acting in future (after “Bombay Velvet”)?
- At the time of Bombay Velvet’s release, Rahu was transiting through the 5th House in Karan’s Chart. Rahu is a shadow planet, known to create confusions and darkness. Thus, its transit through the 5th House (that represents performance and creativity) does not look set to be encouraging for Karan’s career as an actor. Hence, it is likely that Karan may not receive much acclaim for his role.
- Ganesha also feels that as per the Natal planetary positions and the ones aligned in the near future, it would be best for Johar that he do not think of becoming more active as an actor. This is not his forte, as per his Chart. Rather, Karan Johar is predisposed by the stars to do way better as a writer, director, producer, especially given the Mercury Mars exchange in his Chart.
Jupiter’s transit over Karan’s Natal Ketu till July 2015 does not look set to be very encouraging for any of his projects, even as a director. However, the period after that looks much better, especially after July 2015, when Jupiter enters Leo. This will be applicable till Karan’s next birthday, as the transiting Jupiter will be in a Sextile aspect with his Natal Venus and Mars. Ganesha feels that he will be active more as producer or executive producer, during the next one year. But, he may not be very active as a writer or director in the next one year.
Post January 2016, when the transiting Rahu and Ketu form a Square aspect with Johar’s Natal Sun and Saturn, he may face more difficulties in his career, as a producer and director, says Ganesha.
We wish him luck ahead. Happy Birthday Karan Johar.
With Ganesha’s Grace,
Bhavesh N Pattani and R Upadhyay
The GaneshaSpeaks Team